Getting Started – Web Design Services
1. Contact i21webdesign: Complete the Request Form and submit.
2. Site Prep: Please provide the following:
What You Like.
If you have preferences about your custom web site’s style or layout, make note of some existing web sites that would make good examples of your preferences. “Surf” related web sites and bookmark ones that appeal to you (design, layout, color schemes, content, pages, navigation, etc) Provide us with the addresses of these web sites along with a description of your likes and/or dislikes to help us in designing your future web site
Information about you and your company or organization.
Consider your target audience(s) you are trying to reach, and the type of information that will be of interest to them. (Ask yourself… “What questions do my customers most frequently ask me?” )
A list of your accomplishments, experiences, sales track record, portfolio or case studies. If you are selling yourself as the provider of a service, visitors will want to know about your experience and expertise in your field.
Information, prices, and pictures/photos of your product(s), types of services that you offer, and services that are unique, different, or better than your competition has to offer.
A list of categories for subject areas that you wish to cover in your web site.
Using the list of subject categories you created, gather together all the information and any specific photos, logos, etc. that you would like to use. If you are planning to have a “Links” page, you will need to gather together any links you think would be interesting to your visitors. Keep in mind, you can always add more links at a later date to expand the page.
3. Project Quote and Approximate Completion Date. After we receive your web site materials, we will provide you with a project quote and approximate completion date. You may send information to us by email, fax or mail. Please note that all price quotes are given based on you providing written content in electronic format (written out on computer). If you have graphics and/or logos that are already in electronic format, they may be sent along as attachments. If your information and/or materials are not in electronic format they may be mailed or faxed to us. Contact i21webdesign about receiving a quote.
4. Confirmation, Materials Sent & Returned, Deposit Made. After we have received confirmation that your quote is acceptable, we will send a Website Design Contract package with materials that you will need to fill out, sign, and return to us along with a non-returnable deposit check in the amount of 50% of the quoted price. In addition, you will also need to send us any specific logos or photos, original artwork, etc. that need to be scanned.
5. Start the design and development. After we receive your materials and deposit. We will discuss selecting an ISP (Internet Service Provider/ Host) and set up an account as well as registering your domain name (i.e.; yourdomainname.com.). Next, we create your web site.
6. Upload Site to Temporary Directory. When your web site is completed, we will upload your web site files to a temporary directory on our server. We will furnish you with a web site address that will take you to the temporary location of your web site.
7. *Review. Review your web site thoroughly. Make note of any changes, additions, corrections, etc. that you would like to make. Once you have compiled your entire list of changes, etc., send it to us via email.
8. Changes/Additions. Upon receiving your list, we will make all possible changes/additions to your web site.
9. *Final Review. Review your web site and send us a list of any final adjustments you wish to make.
10. Final adjustments. Any requests for changes after this time will be charged as extra work.
11. Final Invoice Sent.
12. Upload Web Site. Upon our receipt of your final payment, we will then upload your web site to your ISP’s server.
13. Submit your site to search engines, directories, etc.
*Revisions: Minor revisions during project – not to exceed 1 hour plus minor revisions after your review of your completed web site – not to exceed 1 hour. (Major revisions, revisions in excess of quoted price, or revisions made after the final review will be billed accordingly).